March 31, 2010

Still ... no sewing machine

I guess this is supposed to be one of those lessons in patience that I hate so much. Ugh. My sewing machine is still in the repair shop. It's funny that it took me so long to get up the courage to open up that sewing machine and get going with it, even with Mom's help, and then as soon as I discovered how much I enjoyed sewing and making things, the machine died and has been out of commission for almost two weeks.

However, I am still making progress towards my first quilt. Having chosen THIS circle quilt pattern, I purchased the fabrics for the circles, ironed on all the interfacing, traced my circles with a 5 inch template, and cut them all out two night ago. Tonight, I started cutting the squares that will be that background pieces for the circles. Maybe my machine will be ready by the weekend, and I can have some fun stitching up my blocks and seeing how far I get with the rows. I have a lot of excitement and anticipation built up for this project, so it would be nice to see it start coming together in more of a tangible way.

Just for kicks, I will show you the fabrics that I chose for the circles. My quilt will be 8 blocks by 8 blocks, so I had to find eight patterns with colors that coordinated. That was a lot harder than I expected, by the way!

Here we go...


The backing fabric is a cute dot print too, but I'll show that one later. Tomorrow I'll post pictures of the circles and squares --- I'm sure you'll be waiting on pins and needles, right?

No comments: