March 23, 2010

Revolt of the Machines

Okay, so here is the situation. The machines in our home are clearly in cahoots. In the final stages of a new sewing project last week, my sewing machine inexplicably died. The light bulb worked, but no power to the motor for sewing. Great, huh? Never fear. I took the machine in for repair, but it will be a week before it makes its way back home to my craft closet.

Seriously, here is the empty spot where my sewing machine should be. Doesn't it look sad??? Note the obvious lack of sewing machine.

Not to be undone, and refusing to be beaten, I have already cut out the pattern pieces for my next project. Oh, and see the nearly finished apron to the left side? Seriously, there should be a law against sewing machines that die when all you have left on a project is two little pieces of bias tape to sew on the neckline. Come on.

Here is the fabric for the next apron, which will be a double-layered half apron. The black check fabric will peek out below the pink floral print. What do you think?
While we're at it, here is Evelyn's artwork, which she has chosen to hang in my craft closet.
Okay, now the next machine to join the revolt. I unloaded my dishwasher yesterday morning, and found this...
Close up view... notice the cute little chew marks on the tube that is supposed to pump water up into the top rack sprayer? And no, we don't have a dog. I have absolutely no explanation for this phenomenon.

So that's the state of affairs in our home. No dishwasher until the part comes in. (Could I really believe that it will make it today???) And no sewing machine until at least Friday. Ugh! Honestly, I'm not sure which one I miss the most. My head (not to mention my hard-drive) is brimming over with sewing projects that I want to try. I want to make a quilt, more aprons, a tote bag, a baby play pad, and some pincushions. That's just for starters. 

I'll update you on the status of our household machinery revolution. I'm sure everyone is dying to know who wins... the people or the machines.

No comments: