June 30, 2010

What We're Doing Right Now


So Erick is in Atlanta on set, and the kids and I needed something fun to occupy ourselves. Why not bake chocolate chip cookies with a new recipe I found today? Sure!

Before...

After...Yummy goodness...


While they are baking, Evie and Gunnar are playing with some extra chocolate chips and dough. They crack me up, but this was especially funny.


Don't tell Gunnar -- there isn't actually any dough in his bowl, but he doesn't know that.
Ahh, blissful ignorance.



Other projects that I've been needing to post include the blocks for Gunnar's I-Spy Quilt...


Today I got the final orange and blue pieces added around the empty side and short end, and hopefully I'll get this one put together (border) and quilted so that I can work on the binding while we are on vacation.

Evelyn's Lunch Tote for Art Camp ... she chose the Strawberry Shortcake fabric, and I supplemented from my scrap pile for a scrappy look.


Moving on to a new purse for me. This one is made from Amy Buther's Love line, which I LOVE. You know, I'm convinced that she named this line precisely because every time you look at it, you can't help but say, "I LOVE this fabric."

Close up of the main bag portion -- really came out cute!

That's it for now. Oh wait, let me go back and add the links for these things. Plus, one more little sewing project that I made for my kitchen. I found lots of inspiration from tutorials for drying mats, and ended up doing my own thing in a Quilt-As-You-Go fashion. It's Moda's Love U line. I bought a big pack of white hand towels on sale at Bed Beth and Beyond a couple weeks ago, and used a Jelly Roll of the Love U fabrics to sew strips down to the towel. The mat self-binds itself, using the premade binding already on the towel, as you can see below. This was an incredibly quick and easy project.


Well, I hear the timer going off again. Time to pull out another batch of cookies. Erick, I sure wish you were here to have some warm yummy goodness with us. We'll try to save a few crumbs for you!

No comments: