April 21, 2010

What I really needed was a sew-along


I found a really cute tote bag pattern in a sewing magazine a couple of weeks ago, but the more I read and re-read the pattern, the less sense it made to me. I kept thinking how much better it would be if I could find an online tutorial that showed all the steps along the way, complete with pictures of each step. Low and behold, the Sew Spoiled Sew-Along. Now I can follow along and make this great tote bag. Wanna see the fabric I chose for it? This was another purchase from the Couture Sewing Center earlier today. 


The lighting wasn't absolutely great when I took this photo, so the colors are a little wonky. The two fabrics that look red are actually orange, but otherwise this is a pretty good representation of the prints. The big circle print will be the main outside fabric for the bag. The two orange prints will be the top border and handles. The green circle print on the left will be the inner part of the pleat and lining, and the small dot fabric will be one of the inner pockets. I will post pictures once I get started on the bag, but for the Sew Along, the current assignment was to choose and procure the fabrics, so this puts me right on schedule.

Okay, now it's definitely time to go to bed. No thanks to Katie's recommendation that I get the first season of White Collar to watch. I just finished Episodes 2 and 3. You are horrible to rope me into something like this. The only time I can watch is late at night and since the kids are asleep and the hubby is out of town, I figured I would splurge and watch two. I'm NOT going to watch another episode tonight. I'm NOT going to do it. Seriously. Not. Gonna. Happen.

No comments: