January 1, 2013

Happy New Year!

Okay, so admittedly, it's been a while since I've written. No problem. But maybe it's time to knock the dust off my keyboard and let my brain relearn the art of stringing words into sentences. Ha!

Since I hate resolutions, we're not calling this a resolution. I am also resolved not to use the word resolution to describe any of my other goals for the new year. See, I'm smart that way. Resolved not to have resolutions, therefore I don't have resolutions to break. I just have new ways of doing things. Right?

In the midst of decluttering and organizing my home, I will need some sewing time as a reward. Here's where the Pretty in Patchwork Holiday Sew Along comes in to play. Most of the time, I wait until the last minute, have way too many projects planned, and then make myself insane trying to finish things that are impossible to finish in such a short amount of time. Sewing along with the group will allow me to have feedback or help when I get stuck, but also some motivation to keep a reasonable pace and be more intentional about projects for the coming year. Who knows, maybe having a plan will help me keep a lid on the ADHD monster that constantly screams for me to start seven more projects -- right now!

More updates to come, I hope. Here's to new starts.

No comments: