December 11, 2009

An Ending and A Beginning

Today is my last day of work as a 9-5er. This begins a new chapter in my life -- I'm entering the world of The Stay at Home Mommy. I came into the office this morning full of mixed emotions. There is excitement because I can't wait to be at home with my two children, but there is also a little bit of sadness, as I know that I will have less contact with some incredible people with whom I have worked for weeks, months, and years.

Evelyn and I gave each other high-fives before leaving home today. Gunnar was especially happy and giggly too. I think even he senses a change is coming. When I kissed Erick goodbye this morning, it was different too. We are all looking forward to having me at home.

So here goes nothing. I'm jumping headlong into a life that I've dreamed about since I was a little girl. I have loved working outside the home, but there has always been a part of me that really longed to have the peace, stability, tranquility, and yes, the challenges, of being at home with our children. I can only imagine what it's going to be like to actually have time to fix dinner without first leaving an office, picking up kids from daycare, rushing home, fixing snacks to tide the kids over until dinner, and then falling exhausted into my chair sometime later to try to enjoy a meal together. The idea of being able to prepare ahead, during the day, so that mealtimes can become a relaxing time of fellowship nearly makes me cry with joy.

Follow me on this adventure if you wish. We will talk about life, love, struggles, and all sorts of random things. I hope to become more proficient with my camera and especially with Photoshop, so maybe you'll eventually see some pictures from our daily adventures.

Last, but definitely not least, I give praise to God for this opportunity and I thank my husband for taking on sole responsibility to provide for our family, so that I can focus on our family and our home. I feel so incredibly blessed to belong to him.

No comments: